9.03.2011

Eggs Benedict and A Jar Of Sunflower Seeds

Age is a wonderful thing...

I was fearless as a child, and now im truly soft core. One good thing is I now have a much better appreciation for food. Like many children I was an incredibly fussy eater. Today I still wont eat pork (bacon doesn't count), or anything with a face, real or imaginary. (including lamb neck chops). lol.

Im making up for time and on a personal mission to find the best eggs benedict as I can find. Yes eggs used to be on the list also.

My latest find is SHEINKIN cafe and restaurant 3 Lorne Street Auckland.




Ive been there twice now and I highly recommend it, great prices,  great food, fantastic service, and a central location,.
Its just down the road from Gow Langford. Talking of which...

I used to find dealer galleries to be daunting to enter, but galleries today are a lot more approachable. The staff at Gow Lanford are lovely and happy to have a blether.

I picked up the new catalogue a beautiful directory of what's on display, this glossy treasure is free and packed with info. It can also be viewed on line heres the link.

http://www.gowlangsfordgallery.co.nz/exhibitions/pastexhibitions/2011/springcatalogue.asp 

My favourtie Ai Weiwei Kui Hua Zi (sunflower seeds), 2009.
I like to think they were freshly scooped up off the floor from the Tate Turbine Hall, and put in a jar and sent to New Zealand.






http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2010/oct/11/aiwewei-sunflower-seeds-tate-modern#/?picture=367519772&index=1